If you have any questions about these Rook Media Inc.Privacy FAQs, the privacy practices of our web sites, or your dealings with us, please contact:By Mail: Chief Privacy Officer Rook Media Inc. 1 First Canadian Place Suite 350 Toronto, ON M5W 1C1 By E-mail: email@example.com
Subscribers to Rook Media consumer magazines
Notices about "Subscriber Services" that appear in each consumer magazine explain how to change your "Mail Preference" for receiving mailings from other organizations. To have your mailing address excluded from mailings by other organizations, provide your subscriber information in one of the following ways:By Mail: Chief Privacy Officer Rook Media Inc. 1 First Canadian Place Suite 350 Toronto, ON M5W 1C1 By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribers to Rook Media Inc
Each magazine’s masthead contains contact information for our Subscriber Services. To have your mailing address excluded from mailings by other organizations, provide your subscriber information in one of the following ways:By Mail: Chief Privacy Officer
Rook Media Inc. 1 First Canadian Place Suite 350 Toronto, ON M5W 1C1 By E-mail: email@example.com (Please put “Do Not Promote” in the subject line)
For information about the Rook Media Inc. Commitment to Privacy, please contact:By Mail: Chief Privacy Officer Rook Media Inc. 1 First Canadian Place Suite 350 Toronto, ON M5W 1C1 By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rook Media Inc.’s Commitment to Privacy
- This policy applies to Rook Media Inc., and Aldiar International which are referred to here collectively as Rook Media Inc. At Rook Media Inc., the security and integrity of our customers' personal information is important to us. We take every reasonable measure necessary to protect the privacy of our customers while providing the high level communication services they expect.
- Rook Media Inc.s' privacy practices are in accordance with all federal and provincial laws and regulations. We are compliant with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and where applicable with the privacy rules established by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC).
- Rook Media Inc has in place privacy and security practices to safeguard our customers’ personal information. These practices are reviewed, and if necessary revised, on a regular basis. Additionally, Rook Media Inc's employees receive privacy training and must comply with Rook Media Inc's privacy practices as a condition of employment.
- Personal information collected by Rook Media Inc. is information about an identifiable individual that may include such information as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, financial information, birth date and any recorded complaints.
- At Rook Media Inc., we collect customer information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide a positive customer experience, and deliver, bill for, and collect payment for products and service
- To understand customer requirements and make information available regarding products and services offered by Rook Media and its agents, dealers and related companies
- To manage and develop Rook Media business and operations
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements
- To obtain credit information or provide it to others.
- Rook Media Inc. does not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. Rook Media Inc. retains personal information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- Rook Media Inc. informs customers of the existence, use and disclosure of their personal information upon request and gives them access to their information.
- Rook Media Inc. ensures that customer information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Customers can challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and request amendments as appropriate.
- Rook Media Inc. companies share information with other Rook Media Inc. companies or their agents and authorized dealers, in order to offer customers products and services that they may find attractive. Notices on sharing information are contained in each company's application forms, invoices and web sites. If customers do not want to be marketed with these products and services, they can contact Rook Media Inc.
- A senior company officer has been appointed as the Privacy Officer at Rook Media Inc. The Privacy Officer is accountable for all personal information at Rook Media Inc. You may contact the Privacy Officer at:
1 First Canadian Place Suite 350 Toronto, ON M5W 1C1 By E-mail: email@example.com
- Customers that wish to:
- obtain more information about Rook Media Commitment to Privacy
- access, or obtain more information about, their personal information held by Rook Media Inc.
- make a privacy-related complaint
may contact the Rook Media Inc. Privacy Officer.
- The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada oversees Rook Media Inc.'s personal information handling practices. If your privacy concerns are not addressed to your satisfaction by Rook Media Inc. you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada for further guidance:
Subscribers to Rook Media Inc. consumer magazine
Notices about "Subscriber Services" that appear in each consumer magazine explain how to change your "Mail Preference" for receiving mailings from other organizations. To have your mailing address excluded from mailings by other organizations, provide your subscriber information as follows:E-mail: Subscriberservices@rookmedia.org
Mail: Privacy Request Magazine Subscriber Services Rook Media Inc.
1 First Canadian Place; Suite 350
Toronto ON M5X 1C1
Registered users of Rook Media Inc web sites and e-mail newsletters
You can update your e-mail communication preferences that are part of your profile. Click on "log in" and provide your e-mail address and password. If you have forgotten your password, you can request a replacement.
Our site's registration forms require users to give us a unique username and password. To post a message in www.rookmedia.org using an e-form, an email address is also required.
Our online surveys and the contests on our site may ask visitors for such information as contact information (like their email address), financial information (like their investment portfolio holdings), and demographic information (like their postal code, age or income level). We may use contact data from our surveys or contests to send information about our company and promotional material from some of our partners, sponsors or advertisers. The customer's contact information may also be used to contact the visitor when necessary and may be shared with other affiliated companies within the Rook Media Inc.Group of Companies only who may want to contact our visitors. Only Rook Media Inc.Group of Companies has access to your personal information. Users may opt-out of receiving future e-mail communications. Please see the choice/opt-out section below.
Demographic and profile data is used to tailor our visitor's experience at our site and display the content according to their preferences. This information is shared with advertisers on an aggregate basis only.
This site makes chat rooms, forums, message boards and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
This site has reasonable security measures in place to protect against loss, misuse and interception by third parties. Rook Media Inc. and its’ Group of Companies assumes no liability for interception, alteration or misuse of information transmitted over the Internet.
This site is not marketed to or directed towards children. Nevertheless, it is possible for children to publicly post or distribute personally identifiable contact information without prior parental consent within chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups. No communication, however, will be sent to anyone or information collected from anyone who indicates that they are younger than 16 years old without their parents' permission.
In the Registration process where we request information about the visitor, our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving email or other forms of communications from the Rook Media Inc. and its’ associated Group of Companies.
If you are here because you no longer want to be contacted by the Rook Media Inc. and its’ Group of Companies please log in to your profile and adjust your online preferences.